Wednesday, July 16, 2008

somehow I thought it would be you

That is what I said to Honey Bun a few nights back, because somehow I thought it would be him to give Sweet Pea the Heimlich...but when the child was choking...it was me that jerked the tray off the high chair, grabbed her and dislodged the chunk of chicken. Actually Honey Bun (who is the certified first aide and CPR instructor in the family) was startled when I threw the tray and he could not figure out what was going on till it was over and Sweet Pea was crying and I had to tell him that she was choking. Kinda scary, but I had him teach me all the correct moves for an infant and child when she was a brand new baby...and it all came back to me.

1 comment:

by Amy Watkins said...

ñWow, how scary. Mothers instinct always comes through.