Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Mr. 500

What do you do when you have something that you think is very important in the life of your spouse and he doesn't want it talked about. Because he is humble or embarrassed or both, I can't figure out which.

Do you honor that? Do you blab about how proud you are?
What did I do? I asked for a time frame. As is...when can I talk about this.

He said after the season. So I am kinda waiting. Kinda...because I am telling you, I told my family and a close mutual friend. He told his Air Force buddy.

Honey Buns got win number 500 last night. So exciting for his career. This season has been a rocky one and I so wanted this milestone for him before he changes his career outlook. And he got it last night. Hooray!

I bought champagne and we toasted all the players that got him to this feat. Then we feasted on a delicious roast cooked in the crockpot and drank a few beers. It was a good celebration.

The athletic banquet is in 2 weeks and the regular season will be over on Thursday (depending on the weather) you can bet your bottom dollar, I will be making sure it is announced at the banquet...no matter what Honey Buns wants.

1 comment:

by Amy Watkins said...

I completely agree to have it announced at the banquet. Guys are so hard to deal with on stuff like that. You know it is a big deal, but they don't want to act like it is a big deal. I think you are doing what a great wife would do.