Monday, July 28, 2008

Too many projects

Art lady visited last week and her comment fits my situation perfectly. She said how many projects do you have going right now? I am not sure exactly how many projects I have going, but I will try to list a few for you.

1. Painting the family room. We are getting new carpet in the family room because I really despise the carpet in there. And since Honey Bun replaced the sliding glass door this summer(and did a wonderful job on that project) that room is almost done. New carpet will look wonderful and it perfectly matches the paint that I chose and I have approximately a third of the paint applied.

2. Painting the kitchen. Ever since the kitchen remodel (in Dec) this job has been pushed off and shoved off until I can't possibly wait any longer because I have bought tile for the backsplash area and hired the worker bees. So I painted the wall that touches the area that will be tiled. And I totally love the color.

3. Grapes. When we moved here, Honey Bun brought 4 "patio" grapes (kinda like patio tomatoes only grapes) Well the grape project expanded to permanent when he planted them in the yard and last year they froze off early and we didn't get any grapes. Which brings us to this year and the grapes were really set on and huge bunches. We picked them last night and I made 12 cups of juice with the hopes of making jelly when my mother dear is able to help me.

4. House cleaning. I am a horrible house keeper and have now decided to hire someone to help me with the task. I figure if I can have some help with the floors, dusting and bathrooms I can manage the rest. Basically I spent all of Saturday picking up stuff and putting it away. The place looked great and then Sweet Pea woke up!

5. Thank you notes. I have got to get thank you notes written for Sweet Pea's birthday. We had a great time and I need to upload photos when time allows.

6. Visiting. Summer is almost over and I am trying to squeeze in all my visiting. I have a few more people to see and also need to visit my folks.

7. Team dinner. The girls will be back in town and we always host them for the first night they are in town. It is so hot for a cookout and standing around outside with 15 college kids who don't know each other, so I am making taco stuff and they can build their own tacos. I have 5lbs of hamburger in the fridge that needs to be browned and frozen. Then when it is time for the dinner I will just put it in the crock pot.

I think that is about it for now. Have a good monday!

1 comment:

by Amy Watkins said...

Busy Lady. Can you believe that summer is almost over. I had really hoped to come visit. But we went no where all summer. oh well.