Friday, August 8, 2008

update

Thought you might like an update on my project list.

1. painting...I got the family room done and I LOVE the paint color. New carpet was put down on Wednesday and it looks great in there. Also got a new shelf for toys with my new passion...baskets. Sorted the toys and took all the baby toys out of the piles and put the books on a shelf so they are more visible, and that is working wonderfully. Sweet Pea can find and is reading her own books and not mine AND she can see her toys that she wants. Working out great!

2. cleaning...hired a high school girl to help with this task. She came last night and worked for almost 3 hours and the place is as sparkling as a fixer-upper is ever going to be. Now I have to decide if I want her to come back in a few weeks to maintain the sparkle. While she was here, I kept thinking that I could do all the stuff she was doing...but finally decided that I don't have 3 hours to give to cleaning exclusively and I was playing with Sweet Pea and she was just cleaning, so there is that to consider. Also I picked up the clutter and that could possibly be more trouble than the other cleaning jobs combined(or at least that is what I tell myself) So I guess I am saying that she had the easy part?

3. Thank you notes...I got some of them made...not mailed just made. One task at a time, right?

This weekend Sweet Pea and I are going to visit Best Friend and Little Miss. Should be fun, we are going to a hotel that has a children's play pool and we are hoping that the girls play in the water and we can visit then we will be out to eat, stay the night and come home in the morning. Sweet Pea loves the water, not sure about Little Miss...but hope the weekend goes well with us 4 girls on our own. That or we will have 2 screaming children in a hotel room. It could go either way.

No comments: