Tuesday, February 24, 2009

they were my favorites...

...and now they are my worst nightmare. My favorite shoes are worn out. I got them in 2001. They were my first expensive pair of shoes and I absolutely loved them. I have worn them 3 or 4 times a week since I got them.

How do I know they are worn out?

1. My lower back is killing me
2. My hips ached yesterday
3. My knees are screaming for mercy
4. I have planter faciitis

I finally gave up and ordered a new pair of shoes today. The new ones are Dansko's and I hope they help all my issues. I soaked in the hot tub last night, but still went to bed with a headache. I will retire my beloved shoes to the top of the closet tonight and I expect that if the new ones work for me, I can remove them from my world when I do spring cleaning.

I have walked some miles in those shoes.

No comments: