Friday, March 12, 2010

going to Grandma's!

I think we are going to load up and go to Grandma's. Sweet Pea hasn't been to my folks house since Thanksgiving and Honey Buns is gone to a weekend tournament...seems like a good time to head west. I am taking off early today and hoping to get out of town in good time...we won't be there for dinner or anything like that, but we will have a full day of everything Grandma and then jet home after lunch on Sunday. (can you call it jetting if it is a 3.5hr drive?)

3.5hrs in the car with the Sweet Pea and her dog...hmm...should I re-think this?

But seriously, I don't want her to grow up not knowing what visiting Grandma's is all about. I spend a huge chunk of my childhood at my grandparents and I want her to have that memory. I want her to know my parents and love them for their grumpy selves. Going to grandma's is making popcorn and eating cereal before bed...don't forget, all the ice cream you can stuff in. I wouldn't want her to miss that!

I will let you know how it goes!

1 comment:

by Amy Watkins said...

I could not agree more. Have fun.