Thursday, October 27, 2011

getting what you want the sweet pea way

My darling Sweet Pea has figured her way around her cheapskate mother.
Yep, she is smarty pants!

Saturday the American Girl catalog came in the mail. We pour over it, never throw it away, hide it in our room...I don't really mean "we" more like she. I usually try to throw it away every chance it happens to be laying on the floor...but that is another story.

She has been wishing for, begging for, dreaming about this and this

Saturday she started counting her money to buy it.

I told her to quit counting ... it was too much money and she didn't have enough, and neither did I. (I know, debbie downer moment)

She trumped me. Can we write Santa a note and tell him to bring it? I again acted negative about it all.

But not her, she got out scissors and glue and cut up the treasured catalog, glued it to a paper and put her name on the bottom. Now he will know exactly what she wants. Stuck it all in an envelope, which we put in a safe spot so that when we see him we can give it to him.
(and this is where I was done being negative, and was very proud of her problem solving)

And you know what...Now I have to buy it. Because when you ask Santa...he delivers.
Damn.

No comments: